Wear Your Story DVD
Everyone has a story. This one begins with a creme brûlée torch and a roll of solder.
Join book artist Leslie Marsh for this technique-packed wearable book workshop. Using materials easily sourced at your local hardware and craft store, you will forge small relic-like book covers. You’ll learn various techniques for adding content to your book. Then, using a centuries-old technique, you’ll bind it all together into a tiny tome to hold your unique story. You won’t stop there though. Using your favorite beads and found objects, Leslie will guide you through several methods of turning your book into a head-turning piece of jewelry you’ll be proud to wear.
The techniques you learn in this workshop will arm you to make books of all sizes.
- How to pool solder onto base metal and attach metal findings
- How to add patina to metal
- How to prepare a photo and add it to your book cover
- Coptic bookbinding
- The process of preparing paper to be bound into a book
- Various jewelry techniques including wire wrapping and how to create hook fasteners from wire
Materials List and Handouts
Please check your e-mail within 48 hours of purchase. We will send an e-mail that may include any or all of the following attachments:
Be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org