The Imaginarium: Anthologies of an Art Doll
Join Mary Jane Chadbourne on this inspiring journey where you will be creating mixed media art dolls! You can create your very own doll story through the language of collage, incorporating words and symbols to relay messages and express feelings.
Collage, painting, beading, stamping, stenciling and creating transfers are just some of the techniques that will be covered step by step, along with many other embellishing techniques for you to create these unique and delightful beings.
From individual expressive faces to fun collaged bodies and mixed media adornments, creating these dolls are sure to tickle your fancy.
"Students always want to know how I make the bold statements I create in my collage work and I will share my secret tips with you!" -Mary Jane
Mary Jane will cover:
- Collage – compositions, prepping your substrates and how to work successfully with collage
- Stenciling techniques
- Shading and outlining techniques
- Painting techniques to wood
- Creating a transfer technique for a face, and sculpting a basic face
- Working with watercolors and acrylics
- Working with paper clay – sculpting and creating a doll’s face
- Beading, Stamping
- Creating dimension with stenciling and embossing
- Downsizing graphics to fit the dolls
- And many more techniques, too!
You can create these dolls using ready-made wooden options available at local hobby stores, or you can order an optional kit that you can purchase separate from the class and made in Mary Jane Chadbourne's own studio.
Runtime: 5 Hours
Materials List and Handouts
Please check your e-mail within 48 hours of purchase. We will send an e-mail that may include any or all of the following attachments:
Be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
Write us: email@example.com