Saints, Sinners & Shrines DVD
Creating shrines has been a part of the human experience dating back to as early as 7000 BCE. By utilizing a shrine structure, or a retablo, we are able to create pieces of significance that hold a special meaning of personal importance to each of us! Early in history they held a primarily religious theme, but today there are many different ways they are used. They can be humorous, whimsical or satirical, they can be about travel, nature or just about anything that holds importance to the creator. Some express a strong emotion, some contain a message or comment, and some a favorite quote!
In this workshop you will learn how to construct and decorate personal shrines and retablos. You will learn how to make artful enclosures to capture whatever story YOU want to tell, something that holds a very special meaning to you. Whether it be working with art from the old masters, personal family photos, favorite graphics, phrases words or special quotes or passages, I will guide you through the process of how to achieve this successfully! Your finished pieces will be objects that incorporate beauty and that hold deep meaning for you!. A way for you to make an impacted statement through your artwork!
In this workshop we will be learning about:
- Collaging and about collage elements, learning to recreate our own imagery, works from the famous masters, or our favorite graphics
- Working with family photographs, if we so choose
- Resizing imagery to work on our projects
- Learning about composition, background and a bit about color composition
- Working with textures of all kinds to give our work dimension and added interest
- Painting with acrylics and watercolors, stenciling, stamping, working with paper clay and mold making
- Embellishing techniques that will make your work stand out
- Creating even the very smallest of shrines - an added bonus
A wonderful way to express yourself and tell your story!
Runtime: 7 Hours, 30 Mins.
Materials List and Handouts
Please check your e-mail within 48 hours of purchase. We will send an e-mail that may include any or all of the following attachments:
Be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org