Bonnets and Beaus DVD
Hally Levesque invites you to join her in this romantically artful workshop, Bonnets and Beaus: A Regency Doll Project. If you love dolls, if you love everything Jane Austen, if you even have a crush on the dashing Mr. Darcy, you will find inspirations of these memorable characters delicately woven into this workshop.
You will learn how to create a 19 inch (48 cm) clay and cloth character doll complete with period-appropriate clothing, hair and accessories. Not only will you learn valuable skills in doll making but you will also be offered interesting tidbits of information about Jane Austen’s works and the Regency period in general.
Designed with the novice doll maker in mind, you will learn:
- How to sculpt a doll head and breastplate in Creative Paperclay© for mounting onto a muslin body
- How to sculpt the lower limbs with special attention paid to attaining symmetry and proportion
- What then follows are detailed demonstrations on:
- Face painting and blushing
- How to assemble a button-jointed doll body
- The application and styling of a Regency period hairstyle
When it comes to costuming, you will be guided through the various stages of dressing your doll from the inside out.
- -How to make a pair of open/split drawers (pantalettes)
- A high waisted petticoat and a Regency day dress and bonnet.
This in depth workshop has been developed with the purpose of giving anyone, regardless of skill level, the necessary tools to make and dress a historically costumed doll from beginning to end. The doll making portion easily stands on its own as a launching point for creating other types of dolls. The design of the doll body allows it to be displayed standing, sitting on a shelf, or propped on a pillow much like the boudoir dolls of days gone by.
Machine sewing is required for this project as well as basic and decorative hand stitches that are explained in detail.
Runtime: 10 Hours
Materials List and Handouts
Please check your e-mail within 48 hours of purchase. We will send an e-mail that may include any or all of the following attachments: